Thursday, February 11, 2010

Southern-Fried Horror... Now in Digital Format!



Yes, I know... I said I'd never do it. You know Ol' Ron... old school, set in his ways, an old dog much too ornery to learn new tricks. Well, things have changed. Hey, a horror writer has a right to change his mind every now and then, doesn't he?

I'm pleased to announce that, thanks fo David Niall Wilson and his Macabre Ink Digital, much of my short fiction will now be available in digital book format, both for your home computer and Kindle, if you happen to own one of those new-fangled devices. So far, we have two releases to offer you folks:

Cumberland Furnace & Other Fear Forged Fables

This seven story collection of newer short stories (from my 2006 comeback to now) features such tales as Cumberland Furnace, Grandma's Favorite Recipe, The Thing at the Side of the Road, The Final Feature, Mister Mack & the Monster Mobile, The Peddler's Journey, and Tanglewood. It features an incredible cover (see above) by Zach McCain.

Flesh Welder

The sold-out 2007 chapbook by Croatoan Publishing is now available in digital format. This contains the original story, the original Zach McCain cover, and Mark Hickerson's exclusive interview "Not Just Whistling Dixie"... which, in my opinion, is the best and most complete interview I've done since returning to the horror genre.

You can order both Cumberland Furnace and Flesh Welder directly from Macabre Ink at http://macabreink.com/macabreinkpublishing . You can also get them at the Amazon Kindle store, the Horror Mall, or Horror Drive Thru.

In the coming weeks, we will be releasing more digital books, including the extreme horror collection, The Sick Stuff, and the digital version of the Grammy nominated Dark Dixie: Tales of Southern Horror. Also in the works are more collections of my short fiction, both previously-published and unpublished. Keep an eye open here at Southern-Fried & Horrorfied for further details.

Just so you know... I haven't gone and given up on real, hands-on books. I just figured this would give a broader audience easier access to my work, at a much faster pace than regular publishing venues can manage. I'm still looking forward to seeing shelves of my books in print during the next few years. But this latest venture into the world of digital publishing will, hopefully, satisfy the needs of my fans, as well as net me a few more in the process.



1 comment:

Rabid Fox said...

The cover for Cumberland Furnace looks fantastic. That's the thing I've always felt vaporized with digital books--the covers. Sure, they still have them, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Still, good to hear your work is getting out there in even more formats.